Saturday, October 22, 2005

Canada! All pictures in this section were taken during a 15 months period from 2002 to 2003 on my cross Canada trip.




Trip meter: The blue line shows the 1st leg of journey and yellow for the 2nd part.

Itinerary:
I started from Toronto,Ontario in May 2002, heading eastward, passing through Quebec, New Brunswick, PEI, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland. Turned back from Saint Johns, Newfoundland. Continued Northward to Labrador and along the Labrador coastline to Nain (the last settlement on the east coast). Then came back to Toronto,Ontario through Quebec again.

Second leg I continued westward, crossed the Great Prairie, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Canadian Rockies, Alberta and settled down in Calgary for the winter diggin. Spent the 2002 winter in Calgary cause I was flat broke. Made some good friends there.

Picked up where I left the year before, I set out again in spring 2003. first back to Canadian Rockies, then northward to Northern part of British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories. Stopped when I reached the Arctic Ocean. Turned back from there since I have no plan to go to Russia. :) That was quite an adventure.

Headed down south to Yukon, back to British Columbia, Vancouver, Victoria island, from there I caught a boat sailing along the west pacific coastline through Inside Passage to Prince Rupert. So basically I was back to North BC again. Doing funny circles. :)

After a side trip to Queens Charlotte island, I went back to mainland and then follow Yellowhead highway to Alberta, Calgary, picked up my stuff I left there then crossed the Prairie back to Toronto and finally settled down in Montreal in Sep, 2003.


Canada is a great country and really Huge. :) As long as steered away from the cities, I alwasy found how lovely and hospitable Canadians are.
I was invited to people's home and given food and invited onto the boat and even hitched free plane ride once. Anytime I talk with locals, no one showed anything uneasy with my Asian appearance or agitated by my heavy foreign accent.

Is that wonderful to travel in a foreign county but feeling homey?

About the natural beauty of Canada, I reckon there are not many rivals on this planet. You can easily find pristine coastline and islands with untouched beauty or hiking in mountains for weeks without seeing a single living soul. If u want a sample taste of early explorers or just seek some solitude, Canada is definitly the place to go!

All pictures are cataloged by locations. Hope u like.



West

The True North


Canadian rockies

Canada Metropolitans

Canada map





Cover picture


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home